My Guide Website?
Arrábida and Sesimbra Day Tour & Wine Tasting214 Reviews
Discover the amazing landscapes of Arrábida Natural Park and sample Portugal's delicious wine on a full-day trip from Lisbon. Visit the castles of Setúbal, discover historic wine cellars, and enjoy lunch in Sesimbra on a private or shared tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Travel over the longest bridge in Europe, the Vasco da Gama Bridge
- Take in great views of Lisbon from 25th of April Bridge
- Explore lovely Palmela and Sesimbra
- Experience the beautiful and unique Arrábida Natural Park and breathtaking views from Portinho da Arrábida
- Sample excellent local wine and tour a historic cellar in Azeitão
DescriptionExperience the flavors and natural beauty of Portugal on this lovely full-day tour. Heading towards Portugal's Extremadura region, you will travel out of Lisbon over the longest bridge in Europe, the Vasco da Gama Bridge. In Palmela, you will find a Moorish castle offering fantastic photo opportunities. Visit a family estate where you can try homemade wine. Then continue through the mountains of the Arrábida National Park - up to 500 meters or 1,640 feet above sea level- and marvel at the spectacular views of one of Portugal's most beautiful landscapes. The park is also home to many plant and animal species found exclusively in this region. Much of the park is subject to strong protective measures and certain locations can only be accessed with special permission. Time for a short break. Take a relaxed stroll on the beach of Portinho Arrábida and enjoy the cool sea breeze and crisp air. Then, head to the charming fishing village of Sesimbra to have lunch at one of the village's friendly local restaurants with delicious dishes featuring the day's fresh catch. In the summer, cool off with a swim in the Atlantic, or simply go for another walk along the village's inviting beaches. Don't miss your chance to visit the village's beautifully restored church dating back to 1725, or take a walk to explore the Sesimbra Castle. Of course, the perfect follow-up to a delicious meal is great wine. Take part in a guided tour of the José Maria da Fonseca winery, one of the oldest in Portugal. It is still family-owned. Discover the region's outstanding wines at a wine tasting that includes 2 local varieties. As a perfect finale, take in the view over Lisbon from the platform of the Christ the King statue before crossing the 25 de Abril Bridge and heading back to Lisbon.
IncludesTransport Tour guide Visit of a family-owned manor with wine tastings Guided tour of a wine cellar with wine tastings
- The default language for this tour is English If you select a different language, for example German, this language will be included alongside English, so the tour will be bilingual If you wish to have a tour only in your language, please select a private tour The provider tries to have the groups in just one language, but it can happen that the tour is operated in two languages In the summer months, you can take a swim in the Atlantic. If you book during the summer, remember to bring a bathing suit.