My Guide Website?
Lisbon: Gourmet Food and Wine Walking Tour1629 Reviews
Savor the flavors of Portuguese cuisine on a guided foodie walking tour of Lisbon. In the company of a culinary guide, discover the finest local food and wine, and get insider tips about the city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the culinary history of Portugal on a guided walking tour of Lisbon
- Taste a typical Portuguese 'Bifana' (pork meat sandwich) with a draft beer
- See a variety of specialty fish, hams, and cheeses at a top gourmet store
- Try the famous Portuguese fortified Port wine with some delicious local cheese
- Enjoy a typical Portuguese cherry brandy (Ginjinha) at a historic bar
DescriptionDiscover the essence of Portuguese cuisine in a variety of Lisbon's favorite local cafés and restaurants on a guided walking tour. Taste a variety of traditional foods and wine and get plenty of insider tips from your guide on what to see, eat, and do during your stay in the city. Learn about the historical center of the city which is full of excellent bars, restaurants, and nightclubs. Visit some of Lisbon’s great cafés, such as the 18th-century café Nicola, where you will discover the importance of coffee in the everyday life of Lisbon's locals. Stroll through the heart of the city and discover a variety of exotic products on display at a historic gourmet shop, such as dried Bacalhau, sausages, hams, and cheeses. Taste the famous Portuguese codfish cake with a glass of refreshing green wine. Learn more about the history of Port, Portugal’s famous fortified wine. Enjoy a glass paired with the delicious São Jorge Cheese. Then, visit one of the most famous tascas (taverns) in Lisbon, where you´ll taste a typical Bifana (pork sandwich) washed down with a cold draft beer. Discover Ginjinha, the favorite liqueur of many Portuguese, and considered the typical drink of Lisbon. Try this aromatic cherry brandy at a historic bar that was the first to sell it commercially in 1840. Learn tricks to climb the many hills of Lisbon and enjoy one of the most fantastic views of the city, while your guide will explain what food to try and what restaurants to visit in each of the neighborhoods. Finish your tour in style, in a true local venue with some Chouriço, a typical Portuguese bread, and other local products served with a glass of delicious red wine.
IncludesGourmet walking tour Guide Food tastings Snacks Wine tastings Ginjinha tasting
- Vegan and celiac options are not available, as traditional venues are visited, where dietary restrictions might be very difficult to accommodate If you have dietary requirements or food allergy, please be aware that the activity provider may not be able to find alternatives, including gluten-free, kosher, and vegetarian options