My Guide Website?
Lisbon Old Town Sitway Tour by SitGo35 Reviews
Explore the Old Town district of Alfama by personal transporter on a flexible 1.5-hour tour by Sitway. Glide up and down the hills of Lisbon with ease.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Arrábida and Sesimbra Day Tour & Wine Tasting
- Lisbon: Arrábida Natural Park and Sesimbra Day Trip
- Lisbon: 7 Hills Half-Day Electric Bike Tour
- Sesimbra: Dolphin Watching Tour in Arrábida Natural Park
- From Lisbon: Fatima, Obidos, Batalha and Nazaré Group Tour
- Explore Lisbon's oldest district by eco-friendly personal transporter
- Get panoramic views from the Miradouro Largo das Portas do Sol
- Glide past historic 17th-century churches and discover Lisbon's biggest flea market
- Benefit from an itinerary that can be customized to suit
DescriptionStarting from the Cais do Sodré area and crossing the majestic Praça do Comercio in a Sitways (seated segways), you will visit the Old Town district of Alfama, Lisbon's oldest quarter. This is spread over the southeastern slope of the hill and crowned by Castelo de São Jorge. The picturesque neighborhood is composed of a maze of narrow streets, winding alleyways, and steep flights of steps. Its Kasbah-like layout is deliberate — this is the city's ancient Arab district. The name 'Alfama' derives from the Arabic word Al-Hama which means 'source of warm water, good water'. The tightly-packed lanes, small archways, and stone-paved terraces are full of atmosphere and great fun to explore. Alfama was one of the few areas of Lisbon which wasn't destroyed by the big 1775 earthquake. Lisbon's old quarter offers many things to see. Besides the castle, there are several historic 17th-century churches in the vicinity, as well as the city's impressive cathedral. Alfama also wakes up at night, when some of the city's most authentic cafés and restaurants open their doors to serve delicious traditional cuisine with plenty of bonhomie. The neighborhood is also home to traditional fado houses, where this unique Portuguese musical expression can be appreciated in rustic and romantic surroundings.
IncludesProfessional guide 1 Sitway per person Personal accident insurance 1 Gijinha Liquor per person
- Sitways are suitable for all ages and easy to operate. You can come alone, with your family or in a group of friends. The local operator can accommodate up to 50 people at the same time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour may be operated by a multilingual guide