My Guide Website?
Mafra, Ericeira Private Tour from Lisbon1 Reviews
Discover the beautiful architecture and rich history of Portugal in Mafra, Jose Franco village, Ericeira and Sintra - visit 4 places in a single day! Admire the lush rural landscapes and enjoy downtown during free time in Sintra.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the lesser-known side of Portugal with a tour of the northwest area of Lisbon
- Visit one of the largest royal palaces in Europe
- See a distinguished library decorated with precious marble and exotic wood and included in the TOP-20 libraries in the world
- Visit a typical Portuguese village
- Enjoy a delicious lunch in the fishing village of Ericeira
DescriptionYour private full-day tour is designed to take you on a journey of history, beauty and indulgence as you explore the best of Mafra and its surroundings. The tour begins with a convenient pick-up from your Lisbon accommodation, after which you will embark on a drive to Mafra to visit the magnificent Mafra National Palace. This grand palace-monastery was built by King João V in 1717 to celebrate the birth of his first child, and is considered one of the most stunning architectural masterpieces in the world. On your tour, you will marvel at the palace's grand details, including over 5000 doorways, 2500 windows, 880 rooms, 154 grand staircases, 29 courtyards and 330 monks' cells. You will also have the chance to admire the palace's stunning library, which is considered one of Europe's finest, housing over 40,000 rare volumes, including the earliest edition of Homer in Greek, a trilingual bible from the early 16th century, and a first edition of Os Lusíadas by Luís de Camões. After your tour of the Mafra National Palace, you will travel to the nearby Olaria Típica João Franco (Typical Village of José Franco). This miniature working village showcases the traditional culture and handicrafts of the region, crafted using traditional techniques by renowned Portuguese potter and sculptor José Silos Franco. This is a fascinating and surreal experience, depicting the true story of the region and arousing the curiosity of travelers of all ages. You will also have the opportunity to taste traditional bread with sausage (pão com chouriço) and buy handmade pottery from the on-site shop. After your visit to Olaria Típica João Franco, you will travel to the charming fishing village of Ericeira. This authentic fisherman town is famous for its history, cliffs, sandy beaches, surfing, fresh seafood and fresh fish. Here, you will take a leisurely stroll and taste the local gastronomy, getting a glimpse into the rich history of the town. It is the perfect place for a fresh fish lunch and a chance to admire the beauty of the region. In conclusion, this full-day tour is a unique opportunity to experience the best of Mafra and its surroundings, combining history, culture, architecture, food, and natural beauty.
IncludesHotel or cruise ship terminals pick-up and drop off in Lisbon Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Personal and accident insurance Professional private tour guide
- Be sure to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen and a camera. If you are on a shore excursion from the cruise port, the tour times are flexible. Entrance fees vary according to the tourism season. Lisbon Mafra Ericeira Sintra private full day tour does not include entrance fees so that participants can decide if they would like to visit some of the sites or not. For tours with a maximum of 8 participants there will be 1 private guide. If there are more than 8 persons on the tour there will be 2 guides/vans.