My Guide Website?
Private Tour - Sintra World Heritage and Cascais2 Reviews
Take a full-day private tour dedicated to Sintra, its UNESCO World Heritage sites, its surroundings and Cascais. Explore palaces, landscapes and beaches and enjoy the typical "queijada" cake.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See and visit in detail the main monuments and palaces of Sintra, a World Heritage Site
- Spend some time shopping for souvenirs in the beautiful historic centre of Sintra
- Taste the famous pastries, the Queijada de Sintra or the Travesseiro
- Visit Cabo da Roca and Cascais
DescriptionYour private tour will begin with a pick-up from your Lisbon hotel. The objective of the day will be to show you the national monuments at Sintra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the surrounding locations including Cascais. As this is a private tour, you will have the freedom to rearrange your tour how you see fit. Your driver/guide will ask you and advise you on which palaces you may be able to visit (Note: if your interest is mainly on the Pena Palace, do contact us before the day so we can arrange the schedule). Depending on the arranged schedule, your first stop can be at one of the many palaces or at the center of Sintra, where you can taste the traditional pastries at a local tea house. You can even pay a short visit to the Village Palace, if thet is your preference, an 14th century palace, that has been transformed throughout the centuries and is now one of the most emblematic places of Sintra. After lunch, while heading to the Cabo da Roca, the most western point of Europe, you will also pass by the 18th century palace of Seteais and the Monserrate Palace and Park. Once at Cabo da Roca you can get a beautiful Certificate of your passage through this point, written in french calligraphy or just enjoy the landscape and stroll around. Next, pass by the beach of Guincho, heading towards the Hell's Mouth, a natural cluster of caves and tunnels in the sea and then the Royal Village of Cascais. From here, you will take the scenic coastal route back to Lisbon where we will enter through the western neighborhood of Belém. On a full-day tour in Sintra, it's impossible to visit all of the palaces that exist or are mentioned above plus all the interesting locations around the village. But as this is a totally private tour the time can be arranged to suit your preferences and the tour can be totally focused in Sintra if you want. Please inform the driver of your preferences so that all can be arranged to suit your requirements. If you choose the half day tour, generally it will be mostly sightseeing without visiting palaces and shorter stops or just drive by's instead of stopping. We will still visit the center of Sintra, the Cabo da Roca and Cascais but naturally with less time on each.
IncludesPick-up and drop-off at your hotel or accommodation Private minivan or sedan according to your choice Guided tour WiFi Bottled water Parking, fuel and toll costs Insurance as required by law
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child (3 yrs old or above) seats are available on request (Free of Charge) if advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Start and Finish times may be adjusted to your preference or to your Cruise schedule
- If you come on a Cruise, at time of booking, please inform us of the ship name, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements or any other special needs at the time of booking
- Please note that all our prices are per trip and not per person, meaning that the price you see is what you pay for the whole group
- Depending on the size of the group and car availability, the tours are run in a high-end sedan/estate (Mercedes E or equivalent) or a high-end van (Mercedes V or equivalent)
- A maximum of 7 people per booking