My Guide Website?
Queluz National Palace & Gardens Skip-the-Line Ticket108 Reviews
Explore the beautiful National Palace Queluz used by the Royal Family as a setting for festivities and celebrations during the 18th century. Marvel at the gardens, a national heritage considered to be one of one of Portugal’s most important gardens.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Marvel at the world famous gardens, fountains and canals of the Queluz National Palace
- Discover the luxurious dwellings of the the Portuguese royal family
- Explore the converted quarters of the Royal Guard of the Court
- Skip the line to get into the sights quicker and snap some of the most iconic and picturesque pictures
- Walk in the footsteps of the Portuguese Royal Family at the palace used for their festivities and celebrations
DescriptionTake a short trip from Lisbon to discover the National Palace of Queluz and its historical gardens. Escape the hustle of the city, just 12 km from Lisbon, and relax in this picturesque setting. Benefit from a skip-the-line ticket, heading straight in on arrival. Explore the Palácio de Queluz which was once a hunting lodge, converted in the late 1700s to a royal summer residence. See the evolution of the Court’s tastes through 18th and 19th centuries, seeing evidence of Baroque, Rococo and Neoclassicism. Wander through the surrounding queen-of-hearts formal gardens, with oak-lined avenues, fountains and an azulejo-lined canal where the royals went boating. Discover the complicated family history with a scheming Spanish daughter-in-law and eccentric British visitors. Imagine the splendour of the royals in this palace as you walk through the gilded, mirror-lined Throne Room and Pedro IV’s bedroom where he slept under a circular ceiling, surrounded by Don Quixote murals. Enjoy a break and a delicious meal in the palace’s vast kitchens, that is now house a palatial restaurant, the elegant Cozinha Velha, where you can feast on original palace recipes such as the steamed Dover sole.
IncludesNational Palace and Gardens of Queluz Fast Track Ticket
- The National Palace and Gardens of Queluz is located in Sintra, which is located about 30 kilometers from Lisbon – you can reach Sintra easily by taking the train from Lisbon
- National Palace and Gardens of Queluz opening hours: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, last admission 5:00 PM.
- Parques de Sintra seasonal opening hours: December 24–25 and January 1 – closed all day. December 31 and January 2–3: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM, last admission at midday.