My Guide Website?
Évora and Megaliths Full-Day Tour from Lisbon153 Reviews
Journey through the history of humanity on a 8-hour tour of Évora and Almendres Cromlech. Discover hidden gems from the Stone Age, Roman, Medieval, and Renaissance times.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the historic sites of Évora, including the Roman Temple of Diana
- Go to the largest megalithic complex on the Iberian peninsula
- Learn how Cork is extracted from Cork Oak Trees in the countryside
- Discover standing stones that are older than Stonehenge
- See human bones and skulls embedded in the walls of the Capela dos Ossos
DescriptionExplore the history of Portugal on a tour of Évora and the Megaliths of the Cromeleque dos Almendres. Following pickup from your hotel in Lisbon, make your way to Évora, the historic capital of the Alentejo. Start the day with a tour of the Almendres Cromlech. Older than Stonehenge, this megalithic complex reveals some of the secrets of ancient civilizations and their knowledge of astronomy. Admire the circle of stones, mysteriously aligned with the sun and stars. Next, explore the UNESCO-classified city center of Évora. See remnants from Roman through Renaissance times. Visit the Temple of Diana and learn how cork is extracted from Cork Oak Trees. Visit the medieval Évora Cathedral and climb to the roof to admire the golden plains surrounding the city. Continue to the Renaissance Church of St. Francis to see the Chapel of Bones, covered in human skulls and bones, before returning to Lisbon.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Bottle of water WiFi on board Chapel of Bones entry
- • A winery visit with wine tasting can also be included. Please check with the local supplier beforehand, as this is not included in the price.