My Guide Website?
From Lisbon: Tomar, Christ Convent & Almourol Castle Tour24 Reviews
Discover the Knights Templar legacy in the Tomar region. Marvel at the Convento de Cristo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit Tomar and the ancient Synagogue. Enjoy a boat ride to discover the Castle of Almourol on an island along the Tagus River.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Climb up to the Templar castle and discover the monumental work of the Convent of Christ
- Explore Tomar and the quaint village of Constância
- Visit the 15th-century Synagogue, the oldest in the country
- See the natural beauty of the confluence of the Zêzere and Tejo rivers
- Enjoy a boat ride to discover the stunning Castle of Almourol
DescriptionMeet your local guide and head to Tomar on a road trip that takes about one hour. When there, go directly to the Templar Castle and the Convento de Cristo Monastery and be amazed by this magnificent monument filled with history. Descend to the city of Tomar and visit the old town passing by the old Synagogue, the oldest in Portugal. You have the chance to walk around and find some of the most unique buildings in the city. Spend some free time to enjoy lunch. Leaving Tomar, head to Constância, where Luís de Camões, the most famous Portuguese poet, is said to have lived. There, enjoy the magnificent views of the confluence of Zêzere and Tejo rivers. Take a small boat ride in the calm waters of the Tagus river up to the unique Almourol Castle island, where you have some more free time to explore. At the end of the day, return to Lisbon in the comfortable van.
IncludesPick up and drop-off at your accommodation Transportation in an air-conditioned van with free Wi-Fi Entrance fee to the Christ Convent and Almourol Castle Bottle of water
- Please wear comfortable clothes that are suitable for the weather
- Extra hygiene precautions are being taken due to the COVID-19 virus:
- All vehicles are thoroughly disinfected every day and social distancing measures have been implemented.
- Masks are available and mandatory inside vehicles.
- Vehicles are set up with hand sanitizer