My Guide Website?
From Lisbon: Fátima, Batalha, Nazaré and Óbidos Day Tour263 Reviews
Explore Portugal’s rich cultural and religious history on this tour from Lisbon to the historic towns of Fátima and Óbidos.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Lisbon: Oceanarium Of Lisbon Entrance Ticket
- Lisbon: Fátima, Nazaré, Óbidos & São Martinho do Porto Tour
- From Lisbon: Day Trip to Porto, Óbidos, and Nazaré
- Lisbon: 72/96-Hour Hop-On Hop-Off Bus, Tram & Boat Ticket
- Sintra - Cascais: 6-Hour Electric Bike Tour from Lisbon
- Take a trip to the Sanctuary of Fátima, a major Catholic pilgrimage site
- See where 3 children witnessed the vision of The Blessed Virgin Mary
- Admire the Gothic architecture of the UNESCO-listed Batalha Monastery
- Reach the top of Nazaré and enjoy views over the downtown area
- Visit the medieval town of Óbidos and learn about its romantic history
DescriptionYour tour begins with hotel pick-up in Lisbon before departing for Fátima, home to one of the largest shrines in the world, which attracts more than 5 million visitors each year. Once there, visit the Church of the Most Holy Trinity, a modern church completed in 2007. Then, stop and take your pick of religious articles or other products to get blessed at your next stop, the Sanctuary of Fatima where the Virgin Mary is believed to have appeared and left 3 messages to three children. Visit this holy site where messages are believed to have been sent at the end of the First World War, the end of communism, and after the attack on Pope John Paul the second. Next, head to the Monastery of Batalha, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Discover this impressive convent that was built by King John I of Portugal to thank the Virgin Mary following the battle of Aljubarrota against Spanish troops on August 14, year of 1385. Continue to the coastal city of Nazaré. Relax, as you admire the wonderful beach, charming fishermen’s houses, and amazing cliffs over the atlantic Ocean. Feel free to visit the top of the cliff, where the famous Nazaré legend took place. Travel to the charming town of Óbidos after a break for lunch. Have time to appreciate this town that is home to amazing churches and historic castle walls along its perimeter. Then it’s back to your hotel in Lisbon, where this day of cultural and religious history will end.
IncludesPick-up from your hotel Transportation in an air-conditioned van Guide
- The guide may have to speak more than one language during the tour Pickup time can vary between 8 AM-8:30 AM The activity provider will contact you by email to inform your exact pickup time one day before the tour Max 8 people per Van Since this is a group tour with several pickups, the guide can arrive a bit earlier or later than expected. Don't worry if your guide is not there at the exact time