My Guide Website?
From Lisbon: Sintra, Regaleira and Pena Palace Guided Tour1182 Reviews
Visit the most extravagant palaces of Sintra on a full-day trip. From lush gardens to imaginative architecture, transport yourself back in time to a fairy-tale era.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Lisbon: Oceanarium Of Lisbon Entrance Ticket
- Lisbon: Fátima, Nazaré, Óbidos & São Martinho do Porto Tour
- From Lisbon: Day Trip to Porto, Óbidos, and Nazaré
- Lisbon: 72/96-Hour Hop-On Hop-Off Bus, Tram & Boat Ticket
- Sintra - Cascais: 6-Hour Electric Bike Tour from Lisbon
- Learn all about the mysteries and history of Pena Palace
- Explore Quinta Regaleira and its lush gardens, lakes, and grottoes
- Experience walking down the Initiation Well
- Stroll the quaint streets of historical Sintra
DescriptionBenefit from a guided tour to Sintra’s historical center, Quinta da Regaleira and Pena Palace. Fall in love with Sintra, a village full of magic and mystery, the lasting symbol of Portugal's Romantic period and also classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Meet your guide and driver at the Tugatrips Meeting Point (Parque Eduardo VII Viewpoint) where a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle awaits to transport you to your first destination. Departure Lisbon while having the first rays of dawn breaking over the city! Accompanied by a tour guide, visit Quinta da Regaleira and enjoy its lush gardens, lakes, grottoes, and enigmatic constructions, including the world-famous Initiation Well. Uncover the mysteries of each place and learn about the orders of the Freemasons and the Knights Templar. Allow yourself to be immersed by the mysticism and the cool touch of the stones of Regaleira, while feeling the pulse of centuries-old secrets beneath your fingertips. During the lunch break in Sintra's town, you will have free time to explore the historical and charming streets. You also shall have time to taste Sintra’s typical pastry, such as the Travesseiro and the Queijada, amongst others. After buying your entry ticket with your guide, step into a fairytale once entering the Romantic Pena Palace and its gardens. Understand its unique architectural expression of Romanticism. Spot how it blends many styles, including Gothic, neo-Manueline, neo-Islamic, and neo-Renaissance. Allow yourself to wander around the palace’s yards and gardens and take the chance to explore its lavish chambers. Stroll around the park with its astonishing variety of plants and trees. Marvel at the palace's amazing views of the castle and the Atlantic Ocean, a perfect way to end the day before returning to Lisbon. Relax back on board your air-conditioned vehicle and enjoy your passage through the city of Sintra, as you make the way back to Lisbon.
IncludesPena Palace visit Guided tour of Quinta da Regaleira Quinta da Regaleira admission Transport by air-conditioned vehicle Hotel pickup and drop-off (if private option selected)
- Please note all times are approximate, excluding the departure time
- The local provider reserves the right to adjust the order of visits to the monuments and attractions
- The tours may be bilingual
- If your child is used to traveling, please book 1 seat per child
- A moderate amount of walking is involved on this tour
- On some days, due to the high risk of fire, Pena Palace and Quinta da Regaleira may both be closed; in this case, you will visit the unique National Palace of Queluz, Cabo da Roca and Cascais
- In the event of a strike by the company that manages the Pena Palace, you will visit Cabo da Roca and Cascais instead. Quinta da Regaleira will remain as part of the route
- Shared group and private options do not always offer the same languages; please check all languages of interest to find your preferred option type
- For pickup service on private tours, if the address is not accessible by van, you will be given an alternative location nearby to be picked up from