My Guide Website?
From Lisbon: Sintra with Pena Palace and Cabo da Roca by 4WD31 Reviews
Discover the beauty and culture of Sintra and Cabo da Roca on this guided tour. Explore the history of Sintra, take a 4WD Jeep through Sintra’s mountains to Cabo da Roca, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Lisbon: Oceanarium Of Lisbon Entrance Ticket
- Lisbon: Fátima, Nazaré, Óbidos & São Martinho do Porto Tour
- From Lisbon: Day Trip to Porto, Óbidos, and Nazaré
- Lisbon: 72/96-Hour Hop-On Hop-Off Bus, Tram & Boat Ticket
- Sintra - Cascais: 6-Hour Electric Bike Tour from Lisbon
- Feast your eyes on the charm, culture, and beauty of romantic Sintra
- Take a guided tour of the Pena Palace, a pinnacle of 19th century Romanticism
- Visit the sacred Convent of Peninha and take in its amazing view of the beaches
- Enjoy a 4WD Jeep drive through incredible mountain trails surrounded by nature
- See the incredible views from Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point of Europe
DescriptionExplore the beauty and culture of Sintra and Cabo da Roca on this guided tour. Stroll through the picturesque village of Sintra, take a tour through the Pena Palace, and more. Take a 4WD Jeep through Sintra’s mountains and see the magical Cabo da Roca. Meet your guide in Lisbon's city center and travel to romantic Sintra in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan. Arrive at one of the highest points of the Serra de Sintra to see the Pena Palace, one of the most iconic expressions of 19th-century Romanticism in Europe. Enter its gardens and see the exotic trees from all over the world, which add to its magic and mystery. Head for the Pena Palace itself, one of the main residences of the Portuguese royal family during the 19th century. Admire the mixture of architectural styles and see why King Fernando II deserved the nickname of King-Artist. Enjoy the views of the Moorish Castle, a testimony to the Islamic presence in the Iberian Peninsula, built in the 9th century and conquered by the Portuguese during the formation of the Portugal Kingdom. Take in the landscape of Sintra, a world heritage site, before heading down to the picturesque village to stroll freely through its charming streets, or taste its regional products, such as the famous travesseiros and queijadas de Sintra. Continue the tour aboard a 4WD Jeep, and enter the mountain trails where you will find gigantic trees and huge blocks of rocks, creating a magical setting. Visit the Convent of Peninha, a sacred place from which you can observe impressive views of the region's beaches and the huge rocks that make up the Sintra Magmatic Massif, a geological marvel. The tour then continues to the wild and rugged Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point of Europe, which the famous Portuguese poet Luis de Camões defined as onde a terra acaba e o mar começa: where the land ends and the sea begins. You’ll be dazzled by the views. Return to Lisbon in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan, filled with enough amazing memories to last a lifetime.
IncludesBilingual Guide Tour Pena Palace entry ticket Air-conditioned transport
- Due to logistics matters, the tour must start on time. Late arrivals will be considered a non-refundable no-show This tour is subject to cancellation or rescheduling due to inclement weather There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, you will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
- There is a minimum of people required to operate in languages that are not English or Spanish. if this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English