My Guide Website?
From Lisbon: Tomar, Almourol, & Dornes Knights Templar Tour10 Reviews
Embark on a fascinating journey exploring the myths of the Knights Templar, on a private tour of Tomar, Almourol, and Dornes.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a private tour and marvel at the historical architecture
- Discover Tomar, Almourol, and Dornes
- Learn about the myths of the Knights Templar
DescriptionThe first stop will be at Dornes, an ancient village, founded by the Romans. At Dornes we will visit the medieval Tower, built in the 12th century by Gualdim Pais, a Portuguese crusader and Knight Templar in the service of Afonso Henriques of Portugal. Cross Portugal’s bucolic central landscape and enjoy the breath-taking beauty of Castelo de Bode reservoir. Visit the ancient city of Tomar and delve into its mysticism. Discover the Convent of Christ, a World Heritage Site. Its history goes back several centuries and is steeped in myth. Do you know there is a Templar treasure waiting for you inside its walls? Your itinerary will be the following: hotel pickup, Almourol Castle, Constância Village, Castelo de Bode Dam, Tomar Historic Center, lunch & free time, Tomar Synagogue, S. João Batista Church, Christ Convent, and then hotel drop-off at the end of the tour.
IncludesDriver/guide Tourist luxury vehicle Water Almourol Castle tickets Hotel pickup and drop-off for Lisbon central hotels or Lisbon cruise terminal
- Maximum of 8 participants per tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request, if advised at time of booking. Portuguese law stipulates that children under 12 years of age and 135 cm in height, when transported in a car with safety belts, must travel in an approved restraint system adapted to their size and weight. Please provide the ages of your children upon booking. This service does not have any additional cost.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Gratuities are not included