My Guide Website?
Lisbon: Jewish History Private Tour19 Reviews
Jewish Lisbon: Learn about Lisbon’s Jewish heritage, which goes back to the beginnings of the city foundation.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Lisbon: Oceanarium Of Lisbon Entrance Ticket
- Lisbon: Fátima, Nazaré, Óbidos & São Martinho do Porto Tour
- From Lisbon: Day Trip to Porto, Óbidos, and Nazaré
- Lisbon: 72/96-Hour Hop-On Hop-Off Bus, Tram & Boat Ticket
- Sintra - Cascais: 6-Hour Electric Bike Tour from Lisbon
- Learn about Lisbon and its 3000 years of history
- Discover the city from different perspective
- Get into the sounds, smells and beauty of Lisbon's ancient alleyways
DescriptionDiscover Lisbon and its 3000 years of history, which overflows with influences of Jewish culture. Lisbon’s Jewish community came to develop a unique culture that was the reflection of their total social integration, which was only broken after the Renaissance. Get into the sounds, smells and beauty of Lisbon's ancient alleyways, full of Jewish history. Explore the neighborhoods which was inhabited by the biggest Jewish community in Europe for centuries: Chiado, Baixa and Alfama. Discover why even today you can feel Jewish influences all over the town. Learn why the Jewish community was so important for Portuguese Golden Age of Discoveries and discover more about the Jewish intellectuals, mathematicians and cabalists. At the end of the tour, you will visit the Palácio Pimenta, where we invite you to see the spectacular scale model of Lisbon before the earthquake of 1755.
IncludesDriver/guide Tourist luxury vehicle Water Hotel pickup and drop-off for Lisbon central hotels
- Maximum of 8 participants per tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Infant seats are available on request, if advised at time of booking. Portuguese law stipulates that children under 12 years of age and 135 cm in height, when transported in a car with safety belts, must travel in an approved restraint system adapted to their size and weight
- Baggage is limited to one standard suitcase and a small carry-on bag per person