My Guide Website?
From Lisbon: Knights Templar Day Tour in Tomar253 Reviews
Travel to the villages of Constância and Tomar to discover the history of the Knights Templar, the holy order of warrior monks. Spend the day visiting castles and convents.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the history of the Knights Templar
- Visit the Portugese villages of Constância and Tomar
- Explore Almourol Castle
- Enjoy a typical local pastry
- See the beautiful Convent of Christ
DescriptionSpend a day in the Portuguese villages of Constância and Tomar to discover the history of the Knights Templar. Your journey will begin in Lisbon. Tomar was the Templar capital of Portugal and Spain and one of the most important in the medieval world. The main monument of the city is the Tomar Convent which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. A short distance from Tomar is the Almourol Castle. This emblematic monument was at one time controlled by the Knights Templar. The Almourol Castle and the city of Tomar are perfect examples to understand the mystique of the Templars, men that were simultaneously Warrior Knights and monks that lived under a rigid military discipline, but at the same time with a great rigor in the spiritual life. At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off at one of two locations in central Lisbon, either Restauradores or Marquês de Pombal.
IncludesEntrance fees to Almourol Castel and Convent of Christ Convent of Christ guided visit Local pastry Tour guide/driver Toll fees Fuel
- English, Spanish and Portuguese are available year round.
- Remember that more than one language may be spoken (maximum two)
- Please note that infants and children occupy a seat, infant seats are available if advised at booking
- Child rate applies only when accompanied by a paying adult
- Maximum of 8 persons per vehicle
- Please wear appropriate footwear, bring bottled water, sunscreen in summer, a jacket in winter
- Minimum of 2 people per tour. If a tour is cancelled because of low bookings you will be offered an alternative or refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour will not be canceled for adverse weather, unless there are warnings by official organizations
- Tour partner is not responsible for traffic congestion resulting from cultural, sport, religious events, or demonstrations. They will offer alternatives to avoid these; such as changing pickup or drop-off locations. Unfortunately, this may happen without prior notice