My Guide Website?
Sintra: Pena Palace. Regaleira. Cabo da Roca & Cascais3 Reviews
Discover the medieval architecture of the Pena Palace & Park, Quinta da Regaleira and the westernmost point of Continental Europe Cabo da Roca and feel the beauty of Cascais.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Lisbon: Oceanarium Of Lisbon Entrance Ticket
- Lisbon: Fátima, Nazaré, Óbidos & São Martinho do Porto Tour
- From Lisbon: Day Trip to Porto, Óbidos, and Nazaré
- Lisbon: 72/96-Hour Hop-On Hop-Off Bus, Tram & Boat Ticket
- Sintra - Cascais: 6-Hour Electric Bike Tour from Lisbon
- See the fairy-tale palaces and gardens of Sintra Natural Landscapes.
- Admire the extravagant architecture of the Pena Palace and Quinta da Regaleira.
- Discover the unique rock “Hell’s mouth” / Boca do Inferno.
- Stroll Cascais seaside town, once a holiday destination of European aristocracy.
DescriptionYour journey from Lisbon starts at the famous city of Sintra, Sintra is widely acclaimed as one of Portugal's most beautiful destinations, full of gardens, tiled villas, colorful palaces, and neo-Gothic structures, all surrounded by verdant hills rolling toward the Atlantic Ocean. Pena Palace and Park, Marvel at Pena Palace, one of the most magnificent and recognisable tourist attractions of Portugal. The palace exemplifies the 19th century Romanticism style of architecture and stands atop a rocky peak, which is the second highest point in Sintra Hills. Enjoy panoramic views of the peaceful forests and lush gardens covered by exotic plants and flowers. The Palace of Pena was designated a National Monument in 1910 and forms part of the Cultural Landscape of Sintra, which has been classified by UNESCO as World Heritage since 1995. Quinta da Regaleira, The Quinta da Regaleira is a decorative 20th century residence that is situated in the town of Sintra. The grand house is split over five floors and has an ornate gothic façade, but the real attraction is to the rear with the enchanting gardens. The gardens of the Quinta da Regaleira were styled to represent ancient secret orders, with hidden tunnels and concealed symbolism. Alternatively, you may wish to visit The Castle of the Moors is a hilltop medieval castle located in the municipality of Sintra. Built by the Moors in the 8th and 9th centuries, it was an important strategic point during the Reconquista, and was taken by Christian forces after the fall of Lisbon in 1147. It is classified as a National Monument, part of the Sintra Cultural Landscape, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Continue to Cabo da Roca, One of the most marvelous views in whole Portugal – the westernmost point of Continental Europe “Cabo da Roca”. We will pass through the wonderful Sintra National Park until arriving at Cabo da Roca, the most western point of continental Europe that was mentioned by our acclaimed Luís de Camões as the place 'Where the earth ends and the sea begins.' It is a place of natural beauty, with imposing cliffs of 150 meters high. Here the landscape is breathtaking and absolute bliss for photography lovers. The next stop is absolutely beautiful rock wall with a very dramatic name – Mouth of Hell (Boca do Inferno). This breathtaking chasm located on a cliff seashore close to Cascais will engage you with crashing waves. It is believed this place used to be a cave that over time and by the force of the sea relented and gave rise to the scenario as it is known today. Currently, Boca do Inferno is an open cavity, with a sort of arch where it enters the seawater. Lastly, arrive in Cascais, this town in the 19th century became a favorite summer destination of the European aristocracy. After your free exploration time in Cascais, relax back on board your air-conditioned vehicle, and admire more breathtaking views of the Portuguese coast as you Tune your Tour way back to Lisbon.
IncludesPick-up and Drop-off from Hotel, Address, Airport, Lisbon Cruise Port. Wi-Fi (inside vehicle). Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle. Driver and guide ( Driver's have good knowledge as a guide). A bottle of fresh water. Private tour Discover Portuguese territory in one day.
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. This tour includes a moderate amount of walking. This tour will take place rain or shine. On some days, due to the high risk of fire, Pena Palace and Quinta da Regaleira may both be closed; in this case, you will visit the unique National Palace of Queluz, Cabo da Roca and Cascais. You should buy tickets to Pena Palace in advance on their website. You should select the slot from 9:30am slot. The tickets tend to sell out. If you don't purchase your tickets in anticipation, we can't guarantee availability at the door so you might end up just being able to visit the exteriors and the gardens. Routes may be modified in the event of bad weather, political events, or strikes. Sintra has a very unstable climate. However, the tour will take place regardless of rain, fog or sun. In Duration, visitors could choose how long he/she wish to stay at each place. Gratuity/Tipping is a lovely way to say thanks to our dedicated Driver & Guides.