My Guide Website?
From Lisbon: Comporta and Setúbal Trip with Horseback Riding83 Reviews
Enjoy a trip from Lisbon to the natural reserve of Comporta and ride a horse across the dunes on Europe's largest beach. Discover Setúbal, the most important center of Portugal's fishing industry.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience the natural beauty of Setúbal along the Sado Estuary on a day trip
- Take a stroll through the charming historic center and buzzing market of Setúbal
- Soak up the sun and stunning coastal views on the ferry ride to Troia Peninsula
- Saddle up and enjoy the white sands of Comporta with a horse riding instructor
- Take in views of the Atlantic Ocean, rice paddies, and wildlife along the way
DescriptionTake a trip from Lisbon to Setúbal for a day of fun in the sun and the sea. Dive into the town's history and seafaring heritage on a walking tour. Take a ferry ride to the Troia Peninsula dotted with pine forested sand dunes. Then, in Comporta, mount your horse and gallop off to the beach. Explore Setúbal, the most important center of Portugal's fishing industry. Visit the bustling fish market of Mercado do Livramento, the historic center, the Monastery of Jesus, and the São Filipe Fortress where you can soak in one of the most breathtaking panoramic views of the city. Next, head towards Comporta on a 25-minute ferry ride, admiring the beauty of the Troia's coast, one of the world’s longest uninterrupted stretches of sand, and keep your eye peeled for dolphins. Upon arrival in Comporta, a protected natural reserve suspended between sea and rice fields, get ready for horseback riding with instructions from your guide. Ride your horse across rice paddies, pine forests, and sand dunes until you reach the Atlantic coast. At the end of the tour, return to the center of Lisbon in a comfortable minibus. Before bidding farewell to your guide, get recommendations on things to do during the rest of your stay in Lisbon.
IncludesRound-trip transportation by van or minibus from Lisbon Ferry transfer to Troia Peninsula Horseback riding
- The maximum weight allowed is 95 kg, and a minimum age of 12 years old is required for participation. These restrictions are in place to prioritize the safety and comfort of both the rider and the horse For safety reasons, the tour is adapted to beginners' level This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund