My Guide Website?
Lisbon: Tomar and Almourol Knights Templar Tour84 Reviews
Immerse yourself in the history of the Knights Templar and follow their footsteps in Portugal. The Templars were a powerful Catholic religious-military order full of mysteries.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Lisbon:If youʻre booking your trip to Lisbon last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Lisbon: Oceanarium Of Lisbon Entrance Ticket
- Lisbon: Fátima, Nazaré, Óbidos & São Martinho do Porto Tour
- From Lisbon: Day Trip to Porto, Óbidos, and Nazaré
- Lisbon: 72/96-Hour Hop-On Hop-Off Bus, Tram & Boat Ticket
- Sintra - Cascais: 6-Hour Electric Bike Tour from Lisbon
- Explore the Almourol Castle, situated on an island in the middle of the River Tagus
- Explore Tomar, the Templars former capital in Portugal
- See the beautiful Convent of Christ
- Take in panoramic countryside views
DescriptionFollow the footsteps of the mysterious Knights Templar, a religious-military order, on this full-day tour. The Templars played an important role Portugal's history from the country's foundation, until the era of Portuguese discoveries. Visit the Almourol Castle near picturesque village of Constância, built by the Templars on a small island. See the Tomar Convent of Christ, a church inspired by the temple of Solomon. Explore its many cloisters and see the iconic Manueline window. Both offer insight to the Knights Templar. Tomar was the former headquarters of the Templars, making this place one of the most important sites in the medieval world, and is now listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Venture next to the Gothic-style Church of Santa Maria do Olival, a gorgeous 12th century church erected for the Knights Templar. Your guide will accompany you along the way, sharing stories and curiosities about the place you visit.
IncludesAlmourol Castle entrance fee Convent of Christ entrance fee Tour guide Transportation by air-conditioned minivan Insurance according to the law
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- Maximum group size is 8 people
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Please choose the meeting point option that suits you best